Friday, June 13, 2014

Cheeky Beauty Haul Part 1: Sigma Makeup Brushes

Hey guys, remember me? I am so sorry I have been MIA the last month and a half, I won't bore you with the details but I have been a busy bee, my husband and I are currently on the search for our first home so that has been an all-consuming endeavour.

So anyway, even though I have been busy house-hunting I have actually managed to fit in a fair amount of shopping, in particular beauty and fashion! Because I have bought a fair bit I have decided to split my posts into a few parts: so today I am going to share with you my recent foray into Sigma Beauty Brushes!

Excuse the dirty brushes (oops!)


I am so excited that I am now in the possession of these babies! I ordered them through Amazon UK; they arrived a couple of days ago and I have been busy testing them out. Here are my thoughts so far:


Sigma F80 Flat Kabuki Brush - this is hands down my favourite of the three. It is just so soft and buffs the foundation into my skin so beautifully it looks airbrushed. Not only that, but I really feel that using this brush helps to prolong the wear of my foundation; when I don't use the F80 I feel like by the end of the day, my foundation has lifted out of my skin and just sits on top in a greasy mess, ew. Yes, it is safe to say, I am in L-O-V-E.

Sigma E35 Tapered Blending Brush - I used to own a MAC 217 a few months ago but I lost it when I went home to Australia to get married, however I suspect that actually one of my sisters stole it! Now that I am in possesion of this blending wonder, I can get back to doing those lovely blended smokey eye looks again. It is very soft and very similar to the MAC 217, perhaps slightly longer. I am enjoying using this.

Sigma E75 Angled Brow Brush - this is the least favourite of my Sigma purchases. I tried using it on my brows but the bristles are too bendy and thin, I feel like it doesnt put enough powder into my brows nor can I get much control with it. I then tried to use it to apply gel eyeliner to create a cat eye, but again the bristles were too flexible and I ended up poking myself in the eye. But I will persevere and try and find a use for it.

Have you tried Sigma make up brushes? What are your faves? What are ones to avoid?

Lisa x


This was taken at the end of my work day and apart from touching up with translucent powder my base is still flawless thanks to my new love!


No comments:

Post a Comment